Who we are
We are Children in Scotland Ltd. Our registered address is: Level 1, Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ. Tel – 0131 313 2322. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitments to you:
- We will keep your data safe and secure
- When you provide us with any of your personal data, we will tell you what our legal basis for holding it is
- We will process your data fairly and in a transparent fashion
- We will tell you why we are collecting your data, and the specified explicit reason for collection of your data
- We will tell you the length of time that we intend to hold your data for
- We will provide you with details of your rights under the relevant data protection legislation
Your data, your rights
Under data protection legislation you have rights about the way Children in Scotland handles and uses your data.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at the above address, or by telephone or e-mail.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, (www.ico.org.uk). They are the body responsible for making sure organisations handle your data lawfully.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with our sub-processors, these are Front Page, Rackspace and UKFast (who between them manage our websites), Google (who provide our analytics), Microsoft (who provide our email service) and CMYK (our IT provider). Data is only shared with these companies for the purpose of operating and delivering these services. We may also share information with our funders for the purpose of consultation or statistical analysis.
How we protect your data
Children in Scotland maintains a high standard of physical and network security. These security measures have been designed to protect paper and/or electronic forms of storage that hold your personal data.
Your personal data is subject to rigorous safeguards which ensure that it isn't accessed or disclosed inappropriately.